- The Mission aims to “reduce poverty through promotion of diversified and gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities resulting in appreciable increase in incomes of the rural poor on sustainable basis”.
Farm Livelihood Objectives:
- In view of the fact that more than 70% of the rural poor are dependent on agriculture, livestock and NTFP, NRLM has adopted a comprehensive strategy for promoting livelihoods.
- Empower the poor women through ensuring access to farm Livelihood Activities.
- Augmenting existing livelihoods and enhancing incomes.
- Explore livelihood opportunities through newer ventures in rural service sector & Developing Inclusive Value Chains.
- Generating income of rural women through Farm Livelihood activities, such as Agro Ecological Practices (AEP), Livestock & Non-Timber Forest Produces (NTFP) and also by forming the Producer collectives.
The Farm Livelihood vertical consists of three major parts such as Agriculture, Horticulture and Livestock (Animal Husbandry and Diary):
- Development of Action Plan for Promotion of Millets through DAY-NRLM.
- Custom Hiring Center (CHC).
- Promotion of Organic Village Cluster.
- Implementation of Agri-Nutri Gardens in convergence with MGNREGA.
- Cluster of Women Honeybee Keeping Groups.
- Promotion of Moringa (Drumstick) in convergence with MGNREGA.
C. Livestock (Animal Husbandry and Diary):
- Rural Economic growth through convergence of DAHD and NRLM (A-HELP).
- Promotion of Livestock (Backyard Poultry, Goatery, Dairy)
- Advisory on Drumsticks as feed for small ruminants.
- Farm Livelihood-Community Resource Persons (CRP)
- Producer Group & Producer Enterprise (Farm Livelihood)
- Non-Financial Tripartite MoU among NRLM-ICAR-RCRC for rural economic transformation (IFC Project)
Convergence with Line Departments:
- Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW).
- Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DAHD).
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA).